- A Place to Serve – K-4th Grade Ministry– There will be a meeting this week after the second service, where we will be sharing about some opportunities to serve in our K-4thgrade room this year. We have a great group of volunteers and leaders, but we are looking for a few more to join them! This age group will be meeting in a new, larger room with new electronics and we think the kids are going to be excited to be there. If you’d like to learn about how you can be involved, please come to Room #2 after the second service on Sunday. Thanks!
- Israel Tour– We now have almost 20 people committed to take the tour of Israel next February (15th-25th). There is time for more to sign up, but that time is beginning to run out. If you’d like to get more information on this trip, you can do so by contacting Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org. But if you have any interest in going, please contact me soon!
- “Not So Newlywed Night”– A few years ago we had a night where several pastor couples got on stage and participated in a “Newlywed Game” – type event. Well, we’re going to do it again, as a wrap up of sorts to our first sermon series of the Fall, called “It’s Complicated” which will be focused on relationships of all kinds, including marriage. We’d love to see a lot of people come out for “Not So Newlywed” and it’s a great opportunity to invite some friends to a fun night at Northgate. It’s going to be held on Friday, September 27 at 6:30pm at North.
- Bible Quizzing Informational Meeting–It’s a new year for Bible Quizzing and we’re looking to grow. This wonderful Free Methodist program helps young people to learn the Bible, meet kids from other churches in our area, enjoy some good competition and have fun. Pastor Marsha and Pastor Daniel lead Bible Quizzing and are holding an informational meeting about it on Sunday, August 25 at 12:20pm in our pavilion at North. For more information contact either one of them (Marsha@northgatefmc.com or Daniel@northgatefmc.com).
- Teachers Mission Team – Our Team of teachers (and Mark Logan) headed out this morning (Thursday) on their way to Gahanda, Rwanda. They were excited and anxious as we prayed before they left. Please keep them and their families here at home in prayer over the next 10 days. What they are doing requires a lot of commitment and sacrifice and we’re proud of them and blessed to be part of this partnership with Gahanda.
- Kickoff Weekend is Coming Up Fast! – September 7-8 is our “Kickoff Weekend”, which is the “official” start to our new year of ministry. Small groups get going again; we begin a new sermon series; and people return to a regular pattern of church attendance after a busy summer traveling, going to fairs, participating in sports leagues, etc. It’s a time of year we enjoy very much and we hope to see you and friend join us for Kickoff Weekend! In addition to what I mentioned here…
- The Children’s Wing Remodel Will Be Revealed!– This summer we have been investing time, money and energy into creating a new and exciting place for our children to be cared for and learn about the love Jesus has for them. The remodel is coming together really well and we’ll be excited to show it off on our Kickoff weekend, September 7-8. We believe this new wing is going to be a place where kids will want to come and will want to bring their friends. To learn more about this project visit our Northgate Kids Facebook Page or contact our Director of Operations, Mark Logan, at email@example.com.
- Wednesday Prayer Groups– Every Wednesday a group of people meet at our North Campus to pray in the evening. Often, weather permitting, they will head out to our new prayer walk – complete with benches and a path that is gradually being beautifully covered with mulch. It is a wonderful place to pray and hold our church, our friends and family and community before the Lord. If you’d like to join them, come to North at 6pm on Wednesday.
- BASE Camp – Pastor Daniel has been heading up a dedicated group of leaders this week who are ministering to over 100 young people at BASE Camp. With visits from a zoo and a fire department, and lots of activities ranging from the arts to sports, this has been a wonderful experience for the kids. Of course at the center of it all is worship and teachings about having a relationship with Jesus. If you see Pastor Daniel, please thank him for the hard work he’s done putting this all together, and please keep our young people in prayer all yearlong.
- Connect With Others Through a Small Group This Fall–Getting to know other people through a small group is an important value in our church. Many of our small groups take a break for the summer, but fall planning is already under way. If you have ideas, questions, hopes or requests for bringing together like-minded believers to develop friendships and deepen their faith in Jesus, please contact Pastor Marsha – firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Can Count on This – Luke 13:33 – “In any case, I must press on today and tomorrow and the next day…” – (Read Luke 13:22-35)
Jesus was totally committed to what He was on earth to do. Not even the threats of Herod were going to derail Him from his mission. That’s a great attitude for us to have as well: when we know what it is God has here to do, let’s do it with commitment and focus. Sometimes that means going one day at a time – and then going at it the next day when that one rolls around. If it is of God, let’s trust Him to provide the strength and energy and vision we need to do what we know He wants us to do. He is faithful and He will do it.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.