- “Right Now Media” – If you haven’t yet received an email inviting you to sign up for this free, “Christian Netflix-type” service, please check your spam folder, or contact the office (343-4011 or email@example.com). Over 150 people have signed up so far, and the feedback from those who’ve used it has been great! Thanks!
- Senior H.S. Class in the Fall – Continue to pray for Dan and Allison Lang and their leadership of a Senior H.S. group (The Ridge) on Sunday mornings this Fall. It will meet at the same time as the Middle School Class group (at 11am), in the Adult Wing.
- 2018 Northern Europe Prayer Journey – You are invited to be part of a Prayer Journey, April 25 – May 8, 2018. Meet our European Free Methodist missionaries and churches, and explore the major cities of the northern region of central Europe – London, Paris, Brussels, Oostende, Bruges, Budapest and Gyor. Share the company of Yvonne and Bishop Roller, Mitch and Lynn Sue Pierce, Larry Winkles and Gerry McNamara. Europe is in desperate need of the gospel, and this will be an opportunity to learn more about that, and discover what God would have us do. Pastors, Prayer Warriors, and People of godly influence are enthusiastically invited to be part of this. For more information, you can contact Pastor Mitch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer Opportunities at the Nursing Home – Premier Genesee (formerly the Genesee County Nursing Home) is looking for people who can spend some time with their residents; especially those without family members. If you can spend an hour or so reading, playing cards, making crafts and brightening someone’s day, please call Michelle Wilkin at 344-0584.
- Help the Salvation Army Distribute School Supplies – Help the S.A. provide backpacks to students in need of assistance. A filled backpack is $25 and donations can be made to the Salvation Army (529 East Main Street, Batavia) or you can bring supplies here and we’ll see that they get over to the S.A. A list of the things they need is available at the Information Desk, or call the S.A. at 343-6284.
- Covenant Acres Family Camp 2017 – Rev. Jonathan Bratt will be speaking at Family Camp this year, which runs from August 16th through August 20th. Pastor Chris (one of our Arbor House pastors) is the director of Covenant Acres and he has been working hard with his team to make the camp ready for this summer. Family Camp is an opportunity for the whole family to spend some time together in a beautiful setting, near Pike, NY. For more information on Family Camp, or Covenant Acres, you can go to covenantacres.org
- Home Visitation Program – Catholic Charities in Batavia has begun a Home Visitation Program for seniors 60 and over in Genesee County. The focus is on providing social connection to people who may be isolated and alone. They are looking for both volunteers, people who would like to be the visitors, and people who are in need of a service like this. If you would like to get involved or learn more, you can contact Linda at email@example.com, or call 343-0614, x12.
- Youth Leaders – As we look ahead to the Fall one of the areas where we could use some help is in the BASE program on Wednesday evenings. Youth Director Sean would love to talk to you if you are interested in investing in the lives of our Middle School and High School Teens. This is a place where you can make a huge difference in someone’s future, so please prayerfully consider it and contact Sean for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Related to #8 – I recently read an article written by a “millennial” (22-35 year olds). The article discussed reasons why this group is leaving the church (according to one study, 59% have dropped out of church). The author gave 12 reasons, including “Nobody’s listening to us” and “We want to feel valued.” Engaging with our Teens, who will soon be in this age category, is one way of addressing this. (If you want to read the article I mentioned you can find it here: http://faithit.com/12-reasons-millennials-over-church-sam-eaton/
- “Here and Now Festival” – The Here and Now Festival is just a few weeks away, August 25-26, 2017 in Austin Park. Thank you to everyone who has signed up to volunteer. The Northgate tent is all staffed but the festival itself is looking for more volunteers for clean up, safety and the prayer tent. To sign up please see Karen VanWyngaarden, email email@example.com visit the website www.greattabernacle.org.
You Can Count on This – Matthew 11:28 – Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Read Matthew 11:20-30)
One of my favorite verses in the Bible. These are Jesus’ words of invitation to all of us to find our peace and rest in him. I know I need that everyday. How about you? I absolutely believe, and have experienced, the rest that Jesus offers, and I couldn’t encourage you more… seek your rest in him, in his words, in his love for you.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.