- Finding Love and Healing in a #MeToo World–The #MeToo Movement has shed light on how many people have been affected by sexual violence. The stories are devastating, but as more people speak up and out against sexual abuse, there is a growing sense of hope that the story can be reclaimed through the healing power and love of Jesus. Pearce Memorial Church in North Chili has issued a general invitation for an evening of discussion and reflection. Pastor Gloria and Pastor Marsha will be attending and invite Northgaters to join them at this event on Wednesday, April 11, 6:30pm.You are not alone on this journey; the story can be reclaimed. (Childcare available for babies through 6th grade.)
- The Summit/Delegate Election – Please join us at our “Northgate Summit” on Sunday, April 22nd, from 12:30 – 2pm. We will celebrate the things that God has been doing around Northgate over the past year and dream about the future. We’ll also elect a Delegate (a list of Nominees is available at the Information Desk.) A light lunch will be provided and childcare will be available for children from infants up to 4thgrade.
- Ultimate Frisbee League Team– Also contact Daniel (email@example.com) if you’d like to learn more about a new Ultimate Frisbee Team, which would play in a Rochester league. This is for 14-18 year olds, and the dates of play are April 29ththrough June 17th. Games are held Sunday afternoons from 2:30-4pm, and the cost of joining is just $25.00.
- Mission Opportunities– If you are looking for some ways to get involved in local and global missions, here are a couple of suggestions:
- Start a Set Free Bible Study –Learn more about the Set Free movement by holding a Set Free Bible study. We’ll provide the books; we just need a leader to facilitate the group. Facilitation is easy! Just read and follow the study guide. Interested? Contact Pastor Marsha at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to Hungary and Participate in a Young Adult Bible Study – Julie Worthington is looking for some young adults to join her in July of 2019 on a mission trip to Gyor, Hungary. This would be to meet and encourage young adult Christians there. If you are interested in going, contact Julie at email@example.com
- Attend the Northgate Mission MeetingSunday, April 29th (12:30pm at North)
- Military Bulletin Board– We’d like to update our Military Personnel bulletin board. If you have new pictures and information, or pictures/information that is not up there but should be, please contact Allisonat the church office – firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Way Day of Caring– The United Way Day of Caring is Wednesday,May 16th. For several years now Northgate has sent a group of people (staff and attenders) to participate in this fun day, providing community service to organizations around our county. If you’d like to be on the team, please contact Pastor Vern at email@example.com
- Do You Have a God Story to Share?– Every week we hear stories from Northgate people about what God is doing in their lives. We’d love to share some of those stories with others, and the easiest way to do that is to record them on video. Consider this an invitation to share one of your God stories with our congregation! And don’t be put off by a fear of speaking, etc. One of the pastors will gladly help you with the sharing, if you like. If you would like to go for this, please contact Pastor Vern, Pastor John or Pastor Marsha. Thanks!
- Movie Night – “Tortured for Christ”– Friday, May 18th, we will be showing the film “Tortured for Christ” which depicts the life of Pastor Richard Wurmbrand, the founder of the Voice of the Martyrs, who was imprisoned and tortured in Romania while sharing the gospel. To attend the showing you can purchase a ticket at https://www.tugg.com/events/tortured-for-christ-movie-syo3or get one the night of the movie at the church. Tickets are $5.00. PLEASE NOTE: This film is not appropriate for young children. We suggest children be at least 5thgrade level and we encourage parents to watch the film with their children if possible. To learn more about the film you can visit this link: https://www.torturedforchrist.com/about/about-the-movie/or contact Daniel Calkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Wednesday Night Bible Study– Pastor Chris has started a new study on Wednesday nights (6:30pm at North) on the Ten Commandments. Schedules are available on the Information Desk, and you can get more information from
- Northgate Prayer Meetings– Join one of our Prayer Teams! They meet on Wednesdays at North (1pm and 6pm) and on the 2ndSaturday of the month at North (10am).
You Can Count on This – Matthew 20:32 – Jesus stopped and called them. “What do you want me to do for you?” he asked. (Read Matthew 20:29-34)
I’ve always loved this question asked by Jesus to a man who is blind. I imagine Jesus asking the same thing to us: “What do you want me to do for you?” We might think the answer is obvious (“Heal me!”) but Jesus still calls for us to give a response. I think it’s a way of inviting us to make known our needs, and to participate in our healing by admitting our need and requesting him to do what only he can do. Are we willing to let Jesus know what we need? How would we answer his question?
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.