- Volunteer Spotlight – Do you volunteer or serve Northgate in any capacity? Maybe you take a turn in the Preschool room, or make coffee or direct traffic. Do you usher, greet, rock babies, teach, stand behind the Connect Desk or Information Desk? Do you serve in another role? Regardless of how often or where you serve, the Northgate staff would like to invite you to a Volunteer Appreciation Night on May 16th from 6-8pm in the North campus Café. This is an informal time and you can come and go as you need to. The staff will provide some refreshments and a “Thank you!” We hope you can join us!
- Women in His Word – There is a new on-line women’s study of the book of Ruth starting on May 1st. Patti Chadwick is the hostess and the study will run through May 26th. If you’d like to join in or want more information, contact Patti at email@example.com or call her at 297-3009.
- Summit II – The Summit is what we call our annual church meeting (some of you will know this as the Society Meeting). This year the Summit will be held this Sunday, April 30th from 12:30 to 2 p.m. We will have childcare for young children and a light lunch for those who stay after service. The Summit II will be an opportunity to hear about what’s been happening at Northgate, and our vision going forward. We’ll also be holding a short election for Nominating Team members and our Delegate.
- Bible Trek Movie Night – Kids from pre-school age on up are invited to a movie night on Friday, May 19th from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The movie Angry Birds will be shown, and in addition there will be food and games. Please bring a snack to share and ask a friend to join you. And parents, this is a chance for you to have a kid-free date night! For more information, contact Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Father’s Day Baptisms – We’ve had some requests for baptisms, and so we are scheduling a “This Changes Everything” weekend for June 17th and 18th. If you’d like to be baptized, or have a child baptized or dedicated, please let Pastor Vern know (email@example.com). We’ll celebrate our “Good, good Father” through baptisms on Father’s Day!
- May is Mental Health Month – Did you know… fewer than 1/3 of adults and ½ of children who have mental health needs receive any level of treatment in any one year. Mental illness is treatable and we are good resources in Genesee County for people seeking help. If you need to know more, please ask! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayer Groups – Pastor Greg would like to invite you to join one of our Northgate Prayer Groups! We have two that meet regularly… both on Wednesdays. The early group meets at 1pm in Meeting Room #3 and the late group begins at 6pm. Both are at North campus. Prayer is essential to our relationship with God and to what we do as a church, so please think about joining one of these groups, and if you can’t, please keep our church in your prayers.
- Gahanda Update – What an amazing congregation! We took up a spontaneous (unplanned for the weekend) offering for desks and uniforms for the kids of Gahanda, Rwanda last week, and you gave so generously we have practically covered the need completely! In addition, 15 more children were sponsored, bringing our sponsorships up to 61! You are a loving and giving congregation and I know God will bless us for this! Thank you!
- Caregivers Connection – Susan Wakefield would like to extend an invitation to anyone who is a caregiver for another, to find support and encouragement through the Caregivers Connection. According to the National Alliance for Caregiving, 29% of the U.S. population provides care for an aging, disabled or chronically ill family member or friend. If you are a caregiver, and want to connect, get a hold of Susan at 297-0466.
- Willow Creek Global Summit – This August we are a video host for Willow Creek’s Global Leadership Summit. This is a great opportunity for us to reach out to local leaders and invite them to attend what has become a powerful two day leadership conference. For more information about the Summit, which occurs August 10th and 11th, check out the website at https://www.willowcreek.com/events/leadership/#about
You Can Count on This – “Therefore I tell you do not worry about your life… Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” Matthew 6:25a, 27
How would my life be made more joyful, less stressed, more fulfilling if I could eliminate worry from my life? How would my relationships be improved? What might I dare to do? How would my sleep patterns change? My eating habits? How much more energy might I have? Who of the people around me might be happier if I was less worried? How can I begin to live with more faith and less worry today?
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.