- The Summit– Every year we hold a meeting of the church that we call “The Summit”. This is a time to hear reports from pastors and leaders about what’s happening at Northgate, elect leaders to our Administrative Team and fellowship together over a light meal. Everyone, members, regular attenders and guests are welcome! Childcare is provided as well. The Summit will be held this Sunday, April 28 beginning at 12:30 pm and we plan to wrap up by 2:30 or so. For more information contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday Night Discipleship Group – Our Monday night group is taking a couple of weeks off, and will start up again on Monday, May 6. We’ll be reading through the book of James and learning what it means to be people whose faith is demonstrated through our works. Everyone is welcome to join us – we meet in Room #3 at the North campus from 6:30 to 8pm.
- Mommy & Me Paint Night– The Come Alive Women’s Ministry is holding a paint night at South Campus on Friday, May 10 at 6pm. This event is open to all women and you can get more information on it by contacting Allison at email@example.com
- Looking for an Opportunity to Serve?–Pastor Daniel is seeking some leaders who would like to help us serve the college students and other young adults that attend Northgate. “Young Adult” BASE (the name of the group is in the works!) begins May 19. Pastor Daniel is looking to assemble a team that would help to brainstorm and create ministry that would effectively engage this group of people. If you would like to get in on this please contact Pastor Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Another Opportunity to Serve!– Pastor John has been forming teams who can help us with setting up before and cleaning up after communion. Thank you to those who’ve already said, “yes” to this! If you’d like to help, please contact Pastor John or Pastor Daniel for more information. (P.S. – this is a really good place for introverts like me to serve!)
- Parents – Come Check Out BASE!– Parents with kids in grades 5–8 are invited to come to the South Campus on Wednesday May 22 to check out what BASE is all about. Pastor Daniel, our Next Generation pastor, will be there to show you how things go and to answer any questions. You’ll also have a chance to participate in some games and activities with your kids! Everything begins at 6pm. For more information contact Pastor Daniel email@example.com.
- Next Meeting of the “Coffee Talk” Group– The next meeting of “Coffee Talk” will take place on Thursday, May 2 at 6pm at the North Campus. Coffee Talk is a place for people who want to learn more about addictions and mental health, especially if you have a loved one who struggles in one or both of those areas. Brandon Switzer, MSW, leads the group, which offers support and education from a Christian perspective. All are welcome.
- Help the Salvation Army Help Others– On Thursday May 23 Tully’s will be donating 10% of the revenue from all food sales (dine in or take out) to the Salvation Army, as long as the patron presents a printed coupon. Coupons are available at the Information Desk.
- Marriage Conference – May 31– We’re holding a video-based marriage conference here at North on Friday, May 31, beginning at 6:30pm. The conference features Francis & Lisa Chan, Les & Leslie Parrott and comedian Michael Jr. The cost is $15 per person for the night. (Scholarships are available for this.) For more information contact Pastor Gloria at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pastor Marsha’s Zoom Bible Study– This live, on-line Bible study has moved from Wednesdays to Mondays at noon. This is a great place to connect with others, especially if you are unable to get to the church for a group. The group meets by way of the Zoom app, and is engaged in a study called Meet the Bible. If you’d like to join in, contact Pastor Marsha for information on how to do that… email@example.com
You Can Count on This – Luke 7:47 – “Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven – as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.” (Read Luke 7:1-50)
Jesus draws a connection between the forgiveness we’ve experienced and the love we show. The woman in this passage had been forgiven much, and consequently, in response to the great love she had received, she expressed great love for Jesus. I’ve come to know through my own experience how true it is, that we grow in our capacity to love as we experience the power of being loved. Our part is to be open to the love God seeks to impart to us, and to allow His love to change our hearts more and more until they are more and more like His. And also to share His love with others – it’s our greatest weapon against the darkness often experienced in this world.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.