- The Summit/Delegate Election – Please join us at our “Northgate Summit” this Sunday, April 22nd, from 12:30 – 2pm. We will celebrate the things that God has been doing around Northgate over the past year and dream about the future. We’ll also elect a Delegate (a list of Nominees is available at the Information Desk). A light lunch will be provided and childcare will be available for children from infants up to 4thgrade.
- Genesis Annual Conference– We have received the schedule for Annual Conference, which will be held at Pearce Memorial Church on May 24thand 25th. We are especially excited to announce that on the evening of the 24th, beginning at 7pm, an Ordination Service will be held and three of our people will be a part of it. Pastor Chris will be ordained as an Elder, and Daniel Calkins and Steven Emanuele will become Conference Ministerial Candidates! Everyone is welcome to attend that service and congratulate Chris, Steven and Daniel.
- Mission Opportunities– If you are looking for some ways to get involved in local and global missions, here are a couple of suggestions:
- Go to Hungary and Participate in a Young Adult Bible Study – Julie Worthington is looking for some young adults to join her in July of 2019 on a mission trip to Gyor, Hungary. This would be to meet and encourage young adult Christians there. If you are interested in going, contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend the Northgate Mission MeetingSunday, April 29th (12:30pm at North)
- Movie Night – “Tortured for Christ”– Friday, May 18th, we will be showing the film “Tortured for Christ” which depicts the life of Pastor Richard Wurmbrand, the founder of the Voice of the Martyrs, who was imprisoned and tortured in Romania while sharing the gospel. To attend the showing you can purchase a ticket at https://www.tugg.com/events/tortured-for-christ-movie-syo3or get one the night of the movie at the church. Tickets are $5.00. PLEASE NOTE: This film is not appropriate for young children. We suggest children be at least 5thgrade level and we encourage parents to watch the film with their children if possible. To learn more about the film you can visit this link: https://www.torturedforchrist.com/about/about-the-movie/or contact Daniel Calkins at email@example.com
- 5. Military Bulletin Board– We’d like to update our Military Personnel bulletin board. If you have new pictures and information, or pictures/information that is not up there but should be, please contact Allisonat the church office – firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Way Day of Caring– The United Way Day of Caring is Wednesday,May 16th. For several years now Northgate has sent a group of people (staff and attenders) to participate in this fun day, providing community service to organizations around our county. If you’d like to be on the team, please contact Pastor Vern at email@example.com
- Do You Have a God Story to Tell?–Consider this an invitation to tell your God stories with our congregation!And don’t be put off by a fear of speaking, etc. One of the pastors will gladly help you with the sharing, if you like. If you would like to go for this, please contact Pastor Vern, Pastor John or Pastor Marsha. Thanks!
- Right Now Media– Northgate subscribes to a Christian on-line video service called “Right Now Media.” That means you have access at no cost to thousands of Christian videos – children’s programs; Bible studies; teaching videos, etc. All you have to do is get a password from Allison Lang, our Office Manager, and you’ll be good to go! If you are interested contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers: Have We Told You Lately That We Love You?–I was in awe when I drove in last weekend and saw half a dozen or more people scraping ice off our sidewalks! But it didn’t stop there. Despite the weather the café was up and running; children’s rooms were covered; the worship team was ready… everyone did their part so that everyone could worship! Thank you, Volunteers! And if you would like to join the team and volunteer somewhere at Northgate, we’ll help you find your place. Just contact Pastor John at email@example.com
- Gahanda News!– One of the things our partners in Gahanda told us they needed ASAP was another building for kids to take classes in.We’ve been saving up missions funds for that purpose and are happy to report that we’ve sent them the funds needed to build that building! This will benefit the whole community and make it that much easier to educate the children of Gahanda. Thank you for your continued support of this partnership. To God be the glory!
You Can Count on This – Matt. 21:31 – “Which of the two did what his father wanted?” (Read Matt. 21:28-32)
I’ve always loved this parable (Okay, I love allof Jesus’ parables! Okay, okay… I love all that Jesus ever said!) Anyway, this is such a “true to humanity” story! I’ve done it myself many times: said I wouldn’t and then did. I’m glad to know that Jesus rewards even reluctant obedience. The point of this parable, however, seems to be that even if you have put God off before, it’s not too late to change your mind and enter the kingdom. Read it!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.