- The Summit– Every year we hold a meeting of the church that we call “The Summit”. This is a time to hear reports from pastors and leaders about what’s happening at Northgate, elect leaders to our Administrative Team and fellowship together over a light meal. Everyone, members, regular attenders and guests are welcome! Childcare is provided as well. This year the Summit will be held on Sunday, April 28 beginning at 12:30 pm and we plan to wrap up by 2:30 or so. For more information contact Pastor Vern at email@example.com
- Welcome to Our New Members!– Welcome to those who have taken the step of becoming members of Northgate this weekend. We’re glad you’re here and appreciate your decision to commit yourselves to the ministries and mission of this church. May God bless you for this and bless others through your involvement and service.
- Monday Night Discipleship Group – Our Monday night group is taking a couple of weeks off, and will start up again on Monday, May 6. We’ll be reading through the book of James and learning what it means to be people whose faith is demonstrated through our works. Everyone is welcome to join us – we meet in Room #3 at the North campus from 6:30 to 8pm.
- Looking for an Opportunity to Serve?–Pastor Daniel is seeking some leaders who would like to help us serve the college students and other young adults that attend Northgate. He’s looking to assemble a team now that would help to brainstorm and create ministry that would effectively engage this group of people. If you would like to get in on this please contact Pastor Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Another Opportunity to Serve!– Pastor John has been forming teams who can help us with setting up before and cleaning up after communion. Thank you to those who’ve already said, “yes” to this! If you’d like to help, please contact Pastor John or Pastor Daniel for more information. (P.S. – this is a really good place for introverts like me to serve!)
- Parents – Come Check Out BASE!– Parents with kids in grades 5–8 are invited to come to the South Campus on Wednesday May 22 to check out what BASE is all about. Pastor Daniel, our Next Generation pastor, will be there to show you how things go and to answer any questions. You’ll also have a chance to participate in some games and activities with your kids! Everything begins at 6pm. For more information contact Pastor Daniel email@example.com.
- United Way Day of Caring is Coming– Each May, Northgate assembles a team comprised of staff and attenders who go into our community and make a contribution of service through the United Way Day of Caring. This has been a lot of fun, a wonderful chance to get to know people better, and a great way to show we care about the community. This year’s Day of Caring is on Wednesday, May 22. If you’d like to join the Northgate Team, just let Pastor Vern know – you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help the Salvation Army Help Others– On Thursday May 23 Tully’s will be donating 10% of the revenue from all food sales (dine in or take out) to the Salvation Army, as long as the patron presents a printed coupon. Coupons are available at the Information Desk.
- Marriage Conference – May 31– We’re holding a video-based marriage conference here at North on Friday, May 31, beginning at 6:30pm. The conference features Francis & Lisa Chan, Les & Leslie Parrott and comedian Michael Jr. The cost is $15 per person for the night. (Scholarships are available for this.) For more information contact Pastor Gloria at email@example.com
- Run (or Walk) for a Good Cause!– It’s shaping up to be a great summer for 5Ks!Along with the All Babies Cherished run/walk on June 8 Young Life is holding a run/walk fundraiser on August 10 in Bergen. You can learn more about these run/walks at https://www.bergen5k.comorhttps://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Batavia/ABCrunbabyrun
If you sign up for the All Babies Cherished run you can join the Northgate team when you register by indicating that you would like to “join a sponsor.”
You Can Count on This – Luke 6:41 – “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? (Read Luke 6:37-49)
Easter week is an appropriate time for us to take a moment and reflect on our tendency to see the faults in others more quickly and more clearly than we do the faults in ourselves. We’ve all got them – faults, sinful attitudes, places where we fall short of the glory of God and God’s desire for us. Jesus went to the cross to pay the penalty we deserve for our sins. His mission was to make the way for us to be set free from them by faith in him, not to point a finger and heap judgment on us. Similarly, we who know the love, grace and forgiveness Jesus provides need to be quick to share that with others who don’t know it, and slower to point fingers of judgment. If we do we may help more people find their freedom in Christ.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.