- Help Us Give You Credit!– Northgate people are very faithful and generous in their weekly giving and that helps us to carry out our ministries with excellence.Thank you! We do have a request though… if you use an offering envelope, please indicate first andlast name on it if you give cash – then we will know how to properly enter it in our accounts and your giving statement will be more accurate. Thanks!
- The Summit/Delegate Election – Please join us at our “Northgate Summit” on Sunday, April 22nd, from 12:30 – 2pm. We will celebrate the things that God has been doing around Northgate over the past year and dream about the future. We’ll also elect a Delegate (a list of Nominees is available at the Information Desk.) A light lunch will be provided and childcare will be available for children from infants up to 4thgrade.
- Genesis Annual Conference– We have received the schedule for Annual Conference, which will be held at Pearce Memorial Church on May 24thand 25th. We are especially excited to announce that on the evening of the 24th, beginning at 7pm, an Ordination Service will be held and three of our people will be a part of it. Pastor Chris will be ordained as an Elder, and Daniel Calkins and Steven Emanuel will become Conference Ministerial Candidates! Everyone is welcome to attend that service and congratulate Chris, Steven and Daniel.
- Mission Opportunities– If you are looking for some ways to get involved in local and global missions, here are a couple of suggestions:
- Start a Set Free Bible Study –Learn more about the Set Free movement by holding a Set Free Bible study. We’ll provide the books; we just need a leader to facilitate the group. Facilitation is easy! Just read and follow the study guide. Interested? Contact Pastor Marsha at email@example.com
- Go to Hungary and Participate in a Young Adult Bible Study – Julie Worthington is looking for some young adults to join her in July of 2019 on a mission trip to Gyor, Hungary. This would be to meet and encourage young adult Christians there. If you are interested in going, contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend the Northgate Mission Meeting – Sunday, April 29th (12:30pm at North)
- Military Bulletin Board– We’d like to update our Military Personnel bulletin board. If you have new pictures and information, or pictures/information that is not up there but should be, please contact Allisonat the church office – email@example.com
- United Way Day of Caring– The United Way Day of Caring is Wednesday,May 16th. For several years now Northgate has sent a group of people (staff and attenders) to participate in this fun day, providing community service to organizations around our county. If you’d like to be on the team, please contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do You Have a God Story to Share?– Every week we hear stories from Northgate people about what God is doing in their lives. We’d love to share some of those stories with others, and the easiest way to do that is to record them on video. Consider this an invitation to share one of your God stories with our congregation! And don’t be put off by a fear of speaking, etc. One of the pastors will gladly help you with the sharing, if you like. If you would like to go for this, please contact Pastor Vern, Pastor John or Pastor Marsha. Thanks!
- Movie Night – “Tortured for Christ”– Friday, May 18th, we will be showing the film “Tortured for Christ” which depicts the life of Pastor Richard Wurmbrand, the founder of the Voice of the Martyrs, who was imprisoned and tortured in Romania while sharing the gospel. To attend the showing you can purchase a ticket at https://www.tugg.com/events/tortured-for-christ-movie-syo3or get one the night of the movie at the church. Tickets are $5.00. PLEASE NOTE: This film is not appropriate for young children. We suggest children be at least 5thgrade level and we encourage parents to watch the film with their children if possible. To learn more about the film you can visit this link: https://www.torturedforchrist.com/about/about-the-movie/or contact Daniel Calkins at email@example.com
- New Wednesday Night Bible Study– Pastor Chris has started a new study on Wednesday nights (6:30pm at North) on the Ten Commandments. Schedules are available on the Information Desk, and you can get more information firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northgate Prayer Meetings– Join one of our Prayer Teams! They meet on Wednesdays at North (1pm and 6pm) and on the 2ndSaturday of the month at North (10am).
You Can Count on This – Matthew 21:13 – “It is written,” he said to them, “My house will be called a house of prayer.” (Read Matthew 21:1-27)
When Deb and I were in Ireland last year we relied heavily on GPS to guide us, telling us where we needed to go so we wouldn’t get lost. Prayer functions like that, in a way. When we pray, we seek God’s direction so we stay on the path he determines for us. Let’s keep praying for God to give us direction, so we don’t get off the track of what He wants to do at Norhgate!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.