- Food Drive for Oakfield Food Pantry– Northgate offers our support to the food pantry run by the Oakfield schools. This ministry serves children who might otherwise go hungry on the weekend. We are highlighting this weekend(April 13/14)for the collection of canned goods to help stock the pantry. Items can be dropped off at the table in the lobby. Thank you!
- United Way Day of Caring is Coming– Each May, Northgate assembles a team comprised of staff and attenders who go into our community and make a contribution of service through the United Way Day of Caring. This has been a lot of fun, a wonderful chance to get to know people better, and a great way to show we care about the community. This year’s Day of Caring is on Wednesday, May 22. If you’d like to join the Northgate Team, just let Pastor Vern know – you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Easter Week Schedule– There are several special services being held at Northgate (North and Arbor House) next week as part of our Easter celebration.Thursday night is “Journey to the Cross” (North/6pm) and a Seder meal (Arbor House/6:30pm). There will be a Good Friday serviceat Arbor House at 7pm. Saturday night worship happens at North at 6pm and on Sundaywe begin with a sunrise service at 6:15am (North Pavilion)followed by a continental breakfast, and then worship services at North (9:30am & 11am) and at Arbor House (10am). We hope to see (and a friend) at one of our services!
- The Summit– Every year we hold a meeting of the church that we call “The Summit”. This is a time to hear reports from pastors and leaders about what’s happening at Northgate, elect leaders to our Administrative Team and fellowship together over a light meal. Everyone, members, regular attenders and guests are welcome! Childcare is provided as well. This year the Summit will be held on Sunday, April 28 beginning at 12:30 pmand we plan to wrap up by 2:30 or so. For more information contact Pastor Vern at email@example.com
- Welcome to Our New Members!– Welcome to those who have taken the step of becoming members of Northgate this weekend. We’re glad you’re here and appreciate your decision to commit yourselves to the ministries and mission of this church. May God bless you for this and bless others through your involvement and service.
- Monday Night Discipleship Group – Our Monday night group is taking a couple of weeks off, and will start up again on Monday, May 6. We’ll be reading through the book of James and learning what it means to be people whose faith is demonstrated through our works. Everyone is welcome to join us – we meet in Room #3 at the North campus from 6:30 to 8pm.
- Run (or Walk) for a Good Cause!– It’s shaping up to be a great summer for 5Ks!Along with the All Babies Cherished run/walk on June 8 Young Life is holding a run/walk fundraiser on August 10 in Bergen. You can learn more about these run/walks at https://www.bergen5k.comorhttps://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Batavia/ABCrunbabyrun If you sign up for the All Babies Cherished run you can join the Northgate team when you register by indicating that you would like to “join a sponsor.”
- Marriage Conference – May 31– We’re holding a video-based marriage conference here at North on Friday, May 31, beginning at 6:30pm. The conference features Francis & Lisa Chan, Les & Leslie Parrott and comedian Michael Jr. The cost is $15 per person for the night. (Scholarships are available for this.) For more information contact Pastor Gloria at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help the Salvation Army Help Others– OnThursday May 23 Tully’s will be donating 10% of the revenue from all food sales (dine in or take out) to the Salvation Army, as long as the patron presents a printed coupon. Coupons are available at the Information Desk.
- Looking for an Opportunity to Serve?–Pastor Daniel is seeking some leaders who would like to help us serve the college students and other young adultsthat attend Northgate. He’s looking to assemble a team now that would help to brainstorm and create ministry that would effectively engage this group of people. If you would like to get in on this please contact Pastor Daniel at email@example.com
You Can Count on This – Luke 6:33 – And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. (Read Luke 6:17-36)
Go beyond what anyone else would do. That seems to be one of the kingdom principles Jesus taught in this passage in Luke. “Love your enemies.” “Bless those who curse you.” “If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.” Jesus is calling us to be people who do more than what is expected. Even “sinners” (those who are not seeking to live righteous lives in Christ) do good to people who do good to them. Followers of Jesus are to do good even to those who aren’t doing good to them. We are to love others in ways that makes people wonder what we’re about. We’re to be generous even when it costs us something. We’re to do the things we do out of an understanding that we are living for the next world, not this one, and that we desire to be like God, our Father, and Jesus our Savior.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.