- MOPS Program Starting Up– Next Tuesday our South Campus building will be full of moms and children engaging in fun, interesting and encouraging activities together. Mothers of Pre-Schoolers (MOPS) is run by a great group of volunteer leaders and there are sessions that meet in the morning and in the evening. If you want to know more about MOPS please contact the church office at email@example.com check out our website – northgatefmc.com.
- Set Free Weekend– On the weekend of September 28-29 we will recognize the Set Free movement, which focuses our attention on modern day slavery.For those who want to learn more about how the Set Free Movement is working to fight human trafficking around the world and in our own community, Terri Noble will lead a Bible study and prayer group using the book “Urban Shalom” by Set Free Director Kevin Austin as a guide. The group will meet at 9:30am Mondays 9/30-11/4 at North Campus in the preschool room. The group is open to anyone and parents with young children are welcome to bring them along. For more information contact Pastor Marsha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Not So Newlywed Night”– Next Friday, September 27 at 6:30pm at North we’re going to have a “Not So Newlywed” game night and put some staff couples “on the spot”! This is a great opportunity to invite some friends to a fun night at Northgate and we hope you’ll do just that!
- Baptisms and Dedications– If you are interested in having a child dedicated or baptized, or in being baptized yourself, please know that we will be having another “This Changes Everything” weekend on 10/19-20. To talk to a pastor about this please indicate your interest on a Welcome Card (found in the seats in the sanctuary) or contact the church office at email@example.com. Thanks!
- Monday Night Discipleship Group is Studying Romans– The Bible study group led by Pastor Vern meets on Mondays at 6:30pm. We’re reading and discussing the book of Romans and everyone is welcome to join in. We meet in Room #2 at North. For more information you can contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grief Share and Divorce Care Groups– This Fall’s sessions of Grief Share and Divorce Care are beginning to meet. Grief Share meets on Tuesdays at 6pm and Divorce Care starts on Saturday, September 14 at 6pm. Both groups meet at Northgate/North and are open to anyone who desires help in these areas. For more information contact John Chadwick at email@example.com.
- BASE & Young Adult Events– Middle School BASE meets on Wednesdays at 6pm and High School BASE meets on Sundays at 6:30pm. A young adult group (post high-school) will begin meeting 9/18 (Wednesdays) at 8:30pm.All of these are at South. Also, a Young Adult Book Club (Ember) meets at Batavia’s Original Pizzeria on Sundays at 8:30pm starting 9/22. And – there is going to be a BASE Camping event the weekend of 9/27. For more information on any of these contact Pastor Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ALSO! – Please know that there are groups for Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers that meet on Sundays at 11am. Middle School kids meet in Room 2/3 and High School kids meet in the Office. Some adult groups also meet on Sunday morning.
- Serving Our Community– If you’re looking to serve in the community the YWCA has need of people to do childcare for their Domestic Violence program and the YMCA needs volunteers for their afterschool program. Please contact those agencies to learn more.
- Financial Peace– The next session of Financial Peace gets underway on Wednesday, September 25. For more information on this life-changing program contact Pastor John at email@example.com you can sign up on the Northgate website, northgatefmc.com.
- 2 Upcoming Classes To Be Aware Of– Northgate 101 will begin to meet on Sunday, September 29 at 9:30am in Room #1. This will meet for 3 weeks and is open to all but is required of those who want to become members of Northgate. You can register for this class on the Northgate website (northgatefmc.com).
And on Sunday, October 6 at 6pm Pastor Vern will lead a class focused on sharing our faith. This will meet for four weeks in Room 2 at North and you can sign up at the Information Desk or by emailing Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You Can Count on This – Luke 17:6 – He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.” – (Read Luke 17:1-37)
Looking at this verse in context helps us to think about what Jesus is saying here. His words about faith come after his followers ask for more faith, and that comes after Jesus’ teaching on forgiving others whenever they repent and seek forgiveness. Jesus’ followers seem to find that to be something that is beyond them and they exclaim that they need more faith in that case. Jesus seems to be saying, “You can do this, even if your faith is small; it is enough.” Maybe that’s because the faith we have, even if it is small, is in the One who is able to do all things, including helping us to forgive others as often as we need to. Praise Jesus!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.