Pastors Vern and John and their spouses, Deb and Amy, will be traveling to Gahanda in support of our partnership with this village through the “Connected Communities” program of International Child Care Ministries. Vern and John will focus on relationship-building and assessing the best ways for us to be involved in Gahanda, and Deb and Amy will assess the medical needs of the village, which will help inform a team that is planning to go to Gahanda in the Fall of 2018.
- Trip Focus – Relationship building and assessment
- Team – This team is in place; we’ve been asked to limit it to the four who are going
- How you can help – Pray for this team’s preparation and for the deepening of relationships between Northgate and Gahanda, and if you feel God leading you to do so, you can financially support this work by giving here… and identifying the gift as “Gahanda March2018”.
If you have any questions, please contact missions coordinator Julie Worthington @ 585.297.0179 or missions secretary, Kelly Flores @ email@example.com.
Cost: $1500.00 Per Person
25% Funds – Due 3 months before departure | December 5th: $375
75% Funds – Due 1 month before departure| February 5th: $1125
Before you complete a new form – If you have traveled on a recent trip, or currently volunteer in the FHC Kids ministry, please email Alison.Gamble@foresthill.org so that we may verify if we have a valid background already on file.
Before you complete a new form – If you have traveled on a recent trip, or currently volunteer in the FHC Kids ministry
- Apply for the trip and pay the non-refundable deposit of $100
- Verify that you have a valid passport that does not expire 6 months prior to trip departure
- Fill out all the paperwork under the forms tab
- Check the CDC website for updated information on recommended immunizations http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/
- Commit to attending 6-8 team meetings, including the debrief meeting after the trip returns
- Make sure 100% of all trip fees are submitted 10 days prior to departure