Pastors Vern and John and their spouses, Deb and Amy, will be traveling to Gahanda in support of our partnership with this village through the “Connected Communities” program of International Child Care Ministries. Vern and John will focus on relationship-building and assessing the best ways for us to be involved in Gahanda, and Deb and Amy will assess the medical needs of the village, which will help inform a team that is planning to go to Gahanda in the Fall of 2018.
- Trip Focus – Relationship building and assessment
- Team – This team is in place; we’ve been asked to limit it to the four who are going
- How you can help – Pray for this team’s preparation and for the deepening of relationships between Northgate and Gahanda, and if you feel God leading you to do so, you can financially support this work by giving here… and identifying the gift as “Gahanda March2018”.
If you have any questions, please contact missions coordinator Julie Worthington @ 585.297.0179 or missions secretary, Kelly Flores @ email@example.com.
Cost: $1500.00 Per Person
25% Funds – Due 3 months before departure | December 5th: $375
75% Funds – Due 1 month before departure| February 5th: $1125
One form for each team member, completed electronically and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The purpose of this form is to make sure VISA has quick access to important information in the unlikely event of an emergency while your team is serving overseas.
Scanned Copy of Your Passport
Scan and email a PDF copy to email@example.com
Before completing a new form – If you have traveled on a recent trip, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check for verification of a valid background already on file. The Free Methodist Church of North America has recently mandated that all team members over the age of 18 have a background check before serving abroad. LINK IN FAQ SHEET
The VISA liability waiver must be completed for every trip, regardless of past participation. Make sure to complete the appropriate waiver for either adults or minors (under the age of 18). This document contains very important risk management information. It is imperative that team members print, sign, and notarize the waiver (adult or minor) before returning. The 1-page waiver is the only part of this document that must be returned; all other pages are for team member’s personal reference. Waivers should be scanned and emailed to email@example.com
- Apply for the trip and pay the non-refundable deposit of $100
- Verify that you have a valid passport that does not expire 6 months prior to trip departure
- Fill out all the paperwork under the forms tab
- Check the CDC website for updated information on recommended immunizations http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/
- Commit to attending 6-8 team meetings, including the debrief meeting after the trip returns
- Make sure 100% of all trip fees are submitted 10 days prior to departure