Top Ten – October 11th
- Announcing our new “Next Generation Director” – We are super excited to announce that Dan Calkins will be joining our Team starting October 22nd. Dan will be overseeing our work with Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers, as well as Young Adults. Dan is a Local Ministerial Candidate as well, meaning that he is exploring a call to become an ordained pastor, and is planning to begin seminary in January. Dan is married to Deanna and they have one child, Ezra and among Dan’s passions are hockey, studying and board games of all kinds. Please pray for Dan and if you want to partner with him in this ministry or encourage him, send him a note at Daniel@northgatefmc.com
- Northgate Men’s Basketball – This will be starting on up again on Monday nights beginning October 23rd. This happens in the gym at South from 7pm – 9pm. For more information you can contact Nate Varland at (email@example.com)
- Right Now Media – About 200 individuals and families have signed up to use Right Now Media, a service made available to all Northgaters through the church’s subscription. You can find Christian videos for all ages and interests through this site, and signing up doesn’t cost you anything, and it’s easy! Just contact the office (Allison@northgatefmc.com) to learn how.
- Operation Christmas Child – It’s time to start thinking about Christmas. Our annual OCC drive is about to begin, with boxes being available starting October 22nd and they’ll need to be returned by November 19th. If you’ve participated before, you know how easy it is to see that a child is blessed by a box of gifts and the message of the gospel. If you haven’t participated before why not start this year? It really is an easy way to tell a child that Jesus loves them!
- Thanksgiving Bags – For the last few years we have assembled bags at Thanksgiving time to distribute to migrant families working in our area. These bags contain everything necessary to provide a family of four with a Thanksgiving meal, and a small team of Northgaters deliver these bags to the families on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. If you ‘d like to help with this act of love, you can donate toward the cost of a complete bag ($25) by indicating on the envelope or check “Thanksgiving Bag.” And if you want to help assemble or deliver, contact Allison (our church administrative assistant) and let her know (Allison@northgatefmc.com).
- Women’s Journey Bible Study has started up again, on Wednesdays@7PM in A2 (North). The group meets weekly and is open to all women who desire to learn, grow in their walk with God, pray and fellowship with each other. The initial study will be Pricilla Shirer’s “Discerning the Voice Of God.” Please contact Cricket Johnson-Seward at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 585 815 5356.
- There’s a Place for the Men Too – Hey Guys, Mike Marsh has begun a weekly men’s group, on Wednesdays at 7:00pm, here at the church in Meeting Room 1. All men are invited to join this small group. For more information on that, you can contact Pastor Greg at email@example.com. Mike’s a terrific guy with a great heart for God – come meet him!
- Missions Meeting – The next meeting of the Northgate Missions Team will be on Sunday, October 22nd, at 12:30pm (Room A2 at North). Anyone interested in being part of this Team is welcome to attend. Attendance doesn’t mean signing up to go on a short-term mission trip – this team’s focus is on how Northgate can advance our world mission awareness and activities. Your input is needed! For more information, contact Julie Worthington (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pastor Vern.
- 2018 Northern Europe Prayer Journey – You are invited to be part of a Prayer Journey, April 25 – May 8, 2018. Meet our European Free Methodist missionaries and churches, and explore the major cities of the northern region of central Europe – London, Paris, Brussels, Oostende, Bruges, Budapest and Gyor. Share the company of Yvonne and Bishop Roller, Mitch and Lynn Sue Pierce, Larry Winkles and Gerry McNamara. Europe is in desperate need of the gospel, and this will be an opportunity to learn more about that, and discover what God would have us do. For more information, you can contact Pastor Mitch at email@example.com.
- This Changes Everything – The weekend of November 4th and 5th we will be holding baptisms in all three services at North. Quite a few have already signed up, but it’s not too late for you to sign up as well! Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or sign up through the Northgate APP or at the Information Desk if you want to be baptized, or have a child baptized or dedicated.
You Can Count on This – Matthew 12:50 – “For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.” (Read Matthew 12:38-50)
I don’t know what it’s like to not have a family. I’ve been part of one all of my life! And I’m fortunate to be a member of a family where people are loved. No one should have to be alone; no one should miss out on the love of a family. Jesus offers that kind of love to anyone who wants to be part of his family, and the church is to be a place where that can be experienced “in the flesh.” So let’s be sure, church, that we are, and let’s make sure that others know that the offer is extended to them also!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.