Top Ten – May 3rd
- Volunteer Spotlight – Do you volunteer or serve Northgate in any capacity? Maybe you take a turn in the Preschool room, or make coffee or direct traffic. Do you usher, greet, rock babies, teach, stand behind the Connect Desk or Information Desk? Do you serve in another role? Regardless of how often or where you serve, the Northgate staff would like to invite you to a Volunteer Appreciation Night on May 16th from 6-8pm in the North campus Café. This is an informal time and you can come and go as you need to. The staff will provide some refreshments and a “Thank you!” We hope you can join us!
- Congratulations Chris! – Pastor Chris (one of our Arbor House pastors) recently was named Director of Covenant Acres, a camp and retreat center in Pike, NY affiliated with the Free Methodist Church. They are offering summer camps this year for youth and teens during the month of July. Covenant Acres is a beautiful facility and if you’d like to know more about the summer camps you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org or see Chris!
- Summit II – Over 90 people (along with 25+ children) attended our annual church meeting and the feedback was very positive – thank you! We heard updates from staff, received a positive financial report, shared a meal and elected a Delegate/A-Team Member (Dave Kibler) and two Nominating Team members (Julie Varland and Al Stevens). Thank you also to those who provided the meal and childcare – you helped make this a successful event!
- Bible Trek Movie Night – Kids from pre-school age on up are invited to a movie night on Friday, May 19th from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The movie Angry Birds will be shown, and in addition there will be food and games. Please bring a snack to share and ask a friend to join you. And parents, this is a chance for you to have a kid-free date night! For more information, contact Pastor John at email@example.com
- Father’s Day Baptisms – We’ve had some requests for baptisms, and so we are scheduling a “This Changes Everything” weekend for June 17th and 18th. If you’d like to be baptized, or have a child baptized or dedicated, please let Pastor Vern know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Summer’s Best 2 Weeks – We are celebrating with our Youth Director Sean the fact that Morgan Wagner, an Attica High School physical education teacher and coach, has agreed to be a co-director for Summer’s Best 2 Weeks. We welcome Morgan to that role and thank her for her assistance in what is a great outreach event for our church!
- Congratulations Kelley! – We want to congratulate our Early Childhood Director Kelley Switzer, who was asked to attend a Kidmin Connect Conference in North Charlestown, South Carolina last weekend. Kelley spoke about what it’s like to make transitions in ministry, calling on her family’s experience of going to Ohio to help plant a church that eventually closed, and then returning to serve at our South campus, before coming up to North and doing what she is now. While that’s a lot of transitioning, we are very glad to have Kelley here at Northgate. She’s doing a great job!
- Gahanda Update – People of Northgate… you continue to blow us away with your generosity. Thank you for giving to the work we are engaged in for Gahanda, Rwanda. Thanks to you we are able to supply them with the funds they need to make the desks they lack, and the school uniforms that mean so much to the kids. Those funds are on their way and I know that through them God is sending the message that we care about the people of Gahanda, and so does He. Thank you for being such a blessing to them!
- A-Team Election Coming Up – On May 20 & 21 we will be holding elections for our Administrative Team. The following people are on the ballot for the 2 A-Team positions and a Reserve Delegate position: Bill Hayes, Kelly Flores, Melissa Huntzinger, Chris Laird and Nate Blowers. All members of the church are invited to cast a ballot that weekend.
- Willow Creek Global Summit – This August we are a video host for Willow Creek’s Global Leadership Summit. This is a great opportunity for us to reach out to local leaders and invite them to attend what has become a powerful two day leadership conference. For more information about the Summit, which occurs August 10th and 11th, or to register and get the best price on registration, contact Pastor John at email@example.com
You Can Count on This – “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Matthew 7:1-2
While we are responsible to be discerning about sin, we are not to be people who condemn others, especially if we are at the same time excusing our own sin! It’s easy to call out sin in someone else; harder to identify our own sometimes. For many of us, a less judgmental and more forgiving, loving nature would be a good thing.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.