Top Ten – May 11th
- Volunteer Spotlight – Do you volunteer or serve Northgate in any capacity? Maybe you take a turn in the Preschool room, or make coffee or direct traffic. Do you usher, greet, rock babies, teach, stand behind the Connect Desk or Information Desk? Do you serve in another role? Regardless of how often or where you serve, the Northgate staff would like to invite you to a Volunteer Appreciation Night on May 16th from 6-8pm in the North campus Café. This is an informal time and you can come and go as you need to. The staff will provide some refreshments and a “Thank you!” We hope you can join us!
- A-Team Election Coming Up – On May 20 & 21 we will be holding elections for our Administrative Team. The following people are on the ballot for the 2 A-Team positions and a Reserve Delegate position: Bill Hayes, Kelly Flores, Melissa Huntzinger, Chris Laird and Nate Blowers. All members of the church are invited to cast a ballot that weekend.
- Caregiver Support Opportunity – Do you have experience working with, or have an interest in assisting people who have dementia? We have a need for 2 people, for 4 hours per month and this would take place here at the church. If you are interested and would like to learn more, please contact Pastor Greg, by calling the church office, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summit II – Over 90 people (along with 25+ children) attended our annual church meeting and the feedback was very positive – thank you! We heard updates from staff, received a positive financial report, shared a meal and elected a Delegate/A-Team Member (Dave Kibler) and two Nominating Team members (Julie Varland and Al Stevens). Thank you also to those who provided the meal and childcare – you helped make this a successful event!
- Bible Trek Movie Night – Kids from pre-school age on up are invited to a movie night on Friday, May 19th from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The movie Angry Birds will be shown, and in addition there will be food and games. Please bring a snack to share and ask a friend to join you. And parents, this is a chance for you to have a kid-free date night! For more information, contact Pastor John at email@example.com
- Father’s Day Baptisms – We’ve had some requests for baptisms, and so we are scheduling a “This Changes Everything” weekend for June 17th and 18th. If you’d like to be baptized, or have a child baptized or dedicated, please let Pastor Vern know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Summer’s Best 2 Weeks – We are celebrating with our Youth Director Sean the fact that Morgan Wagner, an Attica High School physical education teacher and coach, has agreed to be a co-director for Summer’s Best 2 Weeks. We welcome Morgan to that role and thank her for her assistance in what is a great outreach event for our church!
- Save the Date – This summer, churches of our area will be working together to hold a gathering called the Here and Now Festival. This is a follow up to the Greater Tabernacle Campaign held last year at the fairgrounds. The Here and Now Festival will take place August 25-26 and will be held at Austin Park. Northgate will be represented musically by Brothers McClurg (Anthony’s band) and by volunteers staffing a tent where information will be available for ministries of the church. Karen VanWyngaarden is leading up the tent ministry and if you’d like to be involved you can contact her at email@example.com.
- Welcome Lukas! – There’s a transition happening in our Tech Director position. Rick Dunn, who has served us so well there, is resigning due to increased demands on his time with his full-time work. He’ll continue to serve as “Lead Volunteer” but Lukas Iverson will be replacing him in the part-time position. Lukas is a great guy and we’re glad to have him on board. Thanks Rick, and Lukas, for helping us with everything tech!
- Willow Creek Global Summit – This August we are a video host for Willow Creek’s Global Leadership Summit. This is a great opportunity for us to reach out to local leaders and invite them to attend what has become a powerful two day leadership conference. For more information about the Summit, which occurs August 10th and 11th, or to register and get the best price on registration, contact Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org
- P.S. – You may notice, in the future, a satellite dish placed on the roof of the church. This is provided by Willow Creek at no cost to us so that we can provide the simulcast. We’ll be able to keep it and use it later too! One of the benefits of being part of this Summit. Thank you John, Mark, Anthony and Rick for your work on it.
You Can Count on This – “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” Matt. 7:1-2
God wants us to come to Him with our needs and desires. And He promises to meet them. Not always as we’d expect, but He will take care of us. Our part is to ask and to trust. As scripture goes on to say, God will only give us “good gifts!”
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.