Top Ten – August 31st
- 2018 Northern Europe Prayer Journey – You are invited to be part of a Prayer Journey, April 25 – May 8, 2018. Meet our European Free Methodist missionaries and churches, and explore the major cities of the northern region of central Europe – London, Paris, Brussels, Oostende, Bruges, Budapest and Gyor. Share the company of Yvonne and Bishop Roller, Mitch and Lynn Sue Pierce, Larry Winkles and Gerry McNamara. Europe is in desperate need of the gospel, and this will be an opportunity to learn more about that, and discover what God would have us do. For more information, you can contact Pastor Mitch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Welcome Bishop Roller! – It’s always a wonderful weekend when Bishop Roller is with us, and he will be with us on September 9th and 10th. Bishop Roller and his wife Yvonne are two of the warmest, Christ-centered people you could know, and if you haven’t met them, I hope you will get the chance. I know you’ll enjoy his story form of preaching! Please welcome them next weekend!
- Set Free Conference – Set Free Weekend is 9/23 & 24. Along with Valley Chapel (Warsaw) Free Methodist we are planning a morning workshop addressing issues of human trafficking on Saturday 9/23, from 8:15am to 12:15pm. We have a full slate of speakers and breakouts planned and there is no registration fee or need to register – just plan to come! One of the speakers, Ildiko Kober, a Set Free Coordinator from Hungary will be with us that morning, and also at the services at North on Saturday and Sunday. I hope you’ll join us for this important weekend.
- Women’s Journey Bible Study will begin anew Wednesday 9/13@7PM in A2 (North). The group meets weekly and is open to all women who desire to learn, grow in their walk with God, pray and fellowship with each other. The initial study will be Pricilla Shirer’s “Discerning the Voice Of God.” Please contact Cricket Johnson-Seward at email@example.com or call/text 585 815 5356 by Tuesday 9/5 so materials can be ordered.
- Missions Meeting – The next meeting of the Northgate Missions Team will be on Sunday, September 24th, at 12:30pm (Room A2 at North). Anyone interested in being part of this Team is welcome to attend. Attendance doesn’t mean signing up to go on a short-term mission trip – this team’s focus is on how Northgate can advance our world mission awareness and activities. Your input is needed! For more information, contact Julie Worthington (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pastor Vern.
- Have a Car to Donate? – One of the International Students we have been ministering to is in need of a good, used car. It just might be that you have one and you’ve been looking for a home for it! If so, please contact Pastor Gloria at email@example.com. Thanks!
- Change in Youth Director Position – On August 21st, following much prayer and discussion, the decision was made for Sean and Northgate to part ways. This was an amicable separation, and we celebrate Sean’s ministry at Northgate and the foundation for the youth program that he has laid. We wish him God’s blessings on his future endeavors and his next steps. We encourage you to pray for Sean, and also ask that you would pray for Northgate as we move forward. If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to call me, or Pastor John.
- Primetimers is Meeting Again! – The Primetimers lunch group (for those 55+) begins their year of monthly get-togethers on Thursday, September 14th at 12:00pm in the North Campus Café. New attendees are always welcome. This is potluck, so bring something to share, and plan to enjoy some good fellowship, a short program and some great food!
- All Babies Cherished Fundraising Banquet – You are invited to the Quality Inn on Park Rd., Batavia, on September 28th at 7pm to hear Melissa Ohden speak about being a survivor of a failed abortion. In addition to hearing her story you will enjoy a fine meal (at no cost) and have an opportunity to donate to the ministry of All Babies Cherished. Reservations were needed by September 1st, but there still may be time to register. For more information contact All Babies Cherished at 344-5660.
- Looking for a Small Group – Warren (“Woody”) and Sandy Wood hold a Thursday evening, 7pm, Bible study at their home (9145 Creek Rd. Batavia). People are welcome to join them. For more information, you can call Woody at 716-560-1807.
And Mike Marsh has begun a weekly men’s group, on Wednesdays at 7:00pm, here at the church in Meeting Room 1. All men are invited to join this small group. For more information on that, you can contact Pastor Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org
You Can Count on This – Matthew 12:21 – In his name the nations will put their hope. (Read MT 12:15-21)
I think we’d all agree that the nations need to find a source of hope right now. Faced with bomb threats, racial tensions, immigration issues, poverty and the rest can leave us feeling hopeless, but that’s not the case. It’s just that we’ve put our hope in the wrong place. Let’s pray that the leaders of the world’s nations would begin to put their hope in Jesus Christ, and let’s see what happens then.
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.