- Bible Quizzing at North – On Saturday February 1 we’ll be hosting Free Methodist Quizzing at our North Campus and we need some cookie-bakers! If you can help please contact Pastor Marsha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This Changes Everything – Baptism/Dedication Weekend – If you’ve been thinking about getting baptized, or have a child that you would like to have baptized or dedicated, please know that we are planning a “This Changes Everything” weekend for March 7 and 8. Please talk to one of the pastors if you are interested in this, or send us an email at email@example.com. Thanks!
- Northgate 101 (Membership Class) – We have also scheduled our next “Northgate 101” class. This class meets on three consecutive Sunday mornings, March 15, 22 and 29 at 9:30am at North. Pastor John, Pastor Vern and Pastor Marsha each take one session and discuss things like how Free Methodism got started, what we believe, the requirements for becoming a member and other topics. This class is required if you want to become a church member, but everyone is welcome to attend. Please let us know if you plan on coming by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Retired Men’s Group – A new group for men who are retired is being led by Pastor Mitch starting Tuesday February 4 at 11am. This group is geared toward helping men of retirement age discover what God has in store for them. For more information on this group you can contact Pastor Marsha at email@example.com.
- Monday Night Discipleship Group – We’ve finished our winter break and are ready to dive back in and complete our study in the book of Romans. We’ll be covering chapters 8-16 and everyone is welcome to join in! We meet on Monday nights beginning January 27 at 6:30pm at the North Campus in Room 2/3. Schedules are at the Information Desk or contact Pastor Vern at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Grief Share and Divorce Care Groups Are Starting – New sessions of these very helpful groups are beginning this week. Grief Share (for anyone who has ever lost someone they love) started Tuesday at 6pm, but people can join in any time. Divorce Care begins this Saturday at 6pm. There is no cost to participate, and the groups meet at the North Campus in Room #1. For more information contact the church office at email@example.com or 343-4011.
- Support Group for People With Autoimmune Disorders and Chronic Illnesses – A new support group for people with autoimmune and chronic diseases will begin soon! There will be times of devotion, discussion, and prayer. If you’re interested, you can contact Krystal Forsyth at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Settling Godly Goals – Pastor Marsha will lead a small group discussion on “Setting Godly Goals” this Sunday at 9:30am (Meeting Room 1). Incorporating short video lessons on “The Science of Goals” by Christian Psychologist Dr. Henry Cloud, the sessions are designed to help us more clearly comprehend God’s love and vision for our lives, and to decide what we will do to cooperate. Opportunities for keeping accountable throughout 2020 will also be offered. Sign up in the Guest Lounge, email email@example.com, or simply show up and get started!
- Do You Have an Idea for a Small Group? – Pastor Marsha is looking to recruit and prepare some new small group leaders. If you’re interested in leading or helping to lead a small group, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Leading/helping lead a group is great way to grow in faith in and in relationship with other followers of Jesus.
- Financial Peace University – The newest session of FPU begins on January 28. This is an extremely helpful and fun program for anyone seeking to get their finances more aligned with God’s desires for us. There is a cost for materials but scholarships are available. You can find more information on FPU on the opening page of our website: northgatefmc.com.
You Can Count on This – Luke 24:53 – And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God. (Read Luke 24:1-53)
This is how Luke brings his gospel to a close. It’s a wonderful way to do so – giving us this picture of the new Christians joyfully gathering together to praise and worship God as they’ve come to know him in Jesus Christ. I can honestly say that I feel that joy when we come to together to worship, and I hope you do as well!
When you’re not sure what you can count on in the world around you, know this: You can count on God keeping his word. So read what God has to say in scripture! And count on it.